Welcome to my Blog on genealogy for dummies. If you are a beginner like myself, or if you are contemplating to start genealogy research, you might find some of my troubles and joy interesting and useful. I will tell you about what I have found difficult as a beginner in genealogy and also tell you about my own research.

This is an English version of my Blog "Släktforskning för noviser" and as my ancestors are from the areas of Sweden where many Swedish-American families have their roots I decided to translate a selected number of my articles into English.

The areas I mainly do research on are:

Grangärde, Norrbärke and Floda in Dalarna.
Ljusnarsberg in Örebro.
Eda and Holmedal in Värmland.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

I AM BACK AGAIN!


After a few years of silence on this English blog on genealogy I have decided to take up the writing again. My Swedish blog "Släktforskning för noviser" has been a great success and my latest initiative to offer a FREE course in genealogy for beginners and more advanced readers have been very well received.

As I have noticed that many English spoken readers with Swedish roots have followed my blog I am now making an English version of the course. This means that you do not any longer have to trust a mediocre translation on Google and that you also get some information about family history research that Swedish students take for granted, but you need to know to be successful.

SEE YOU SOON WITH THE FIRST LESSON!


The picture above shows my grandmother on my mother's side - Augusta Eugenia Aronsdotter (1881-1965) born in Holmedal, Värmland.

No comments:

Post a Comment